To allow our super-snazzy formulas to work (otherwise known as a circular reference),
you will need to switch on your ITERATIVE CALCULATION, as shown below.
It's super easy!
- In the top left-hand corner, hover over 'Excel' & click on 'Preferences.'
- Under 'Formulas & Lists' click on 'Calculation.'
- Select 'Use Iterative Calculation' (a tick should appear) & you are good to go.
- In the top left-hand corner, click on 'File' & select 'Spreadsheet Settings' from the drop-down menu.
- A dialog box will appear. Click on 'Calculation.'
- In the section 'Iterative Calculation' select 'On' & you are good to go.